It is recommended that mechanism lubrication be performed after every 8 hours of actual tool run-time.
This article will provide instructions on how to lubricate the W9000 Series Impact Wrench.
1. Use a 6mm Hex Allen Wrench to remove the 4 Hammercase bolts.
2. After the Hammercase bolts are removed, use a flat head screwdriver to pry the Hammercase away from the Ring Gear Holder and remove the Hammercase.
3. Pull the Mechanism Kit out of the Ring Gear.
4. Lubricate both O-rings using IR170 grease or an O-ring lubricant of your choosing.
5. Apply 1 pump of IR170 grease per Planet gear and Camshaft pocket opening (6 total openings).
6. Reinsert Mechanism Kit into the Ring Gear.
7. Apply 1 pump of IR170 grease onto the four Hammer Jaw impact surfaces.
8. Apply 1 pump of IR170 grease on both sides of the Camshaft Pilot Step.
9. Apply 4 half pumps of IR170 grease on the Camshaft Pilot Diameter.
10. Apply 2 pumps of IR170 grease into each of the four corners of the Hammer Campaths.
11. Apply 6 pumps of IR170 grease on top of the Camshaft Pilot.
12. Place Anvil on top of Camshaft Pilot.
13. Apply 1 continuous pump of IR170 grease across the top surface of the Hammer Jaws and Anvil. (half pump per surface)
14. Apply 2 pumps of IR170 grease to the grooves in the Hammercase bushing.
15. Place Hammercase over Mechanism Kit.
NOTE: Be sure to align the Ring Gear Holder alignment pin with the Alignment hole for the Pin in the Hammercase.
16. Use a dead hammer to tamp down the Hammercase securely to Gear Ring Holder.
17. Slip the Hammercase bolts into their slots and use a 6mm Hex Allen Wrench to snug up the Hammercase Bolts. Use a Torque wrench to tighten bolts to 19 - 21.75Nm (14 - 16 ft lb).
NOTE: It’s recommended to use new bolts anytime you reassemble the tool. However, at a minimum use a medium weight Thread Locker to secure the bolts in place.