To provide suggestions to enhance communications between the QX tool and QCX controller, providing users with improved performance and reliability.
All users of QX tools and QCX controllers.
To optimize communications between the QX tool and QCX controller, consider implementing the following recommendations:
- Utilize the Diagnostics->Energy Scan screen to identify the optimal RF Channel with the least Average Traffic. Conduct multiple scans and use the best average readings, or employ a commercial Chanalyzer for accurate results.
- Verify the signal strength using Diagnostics->Wireless Diagnostics. Signal strength below -75 dBm to -100 dBm is considered poor. Assess the controller's channel and power level based on these measurements.
- Investigate potential causes of poor signal strength after ensuring optimal channel and power settings.
- Maintain a clear line of sight between the controller and tool to reduce signal interference.
- For controllers with internal radios, ensure that the antenna is properly installed, undamaged, and has a clear line of sight to the tool.
- Keep the distance between the controller and tool within 100 ft to ensure reliable communication.
- Be mindful of potential sources of interference, such as speakers, fans, batteries (e.g., pallets of partially built battery packs), other wireless controllers/tools/scanners, and WiFi routers.
By implementing these suggestions, users can improve the communication reliability and performance between their QX tools and QCX controllers.
For further assistance or inquiries, feel free to contact our support team. Your satisfaction and success with our products are our top priorities
Technical, Warranty and Quality Support
Submit a Request – for general Technical or Warranty support
Report a Quality Issue - directly to our Technical Services Team.