Product Description and Features
Introducing the Ingersoll Rand® 444 4" Angle Grinder. The 444 Angle Grinder provide best-in-class durability to power through the most demanding projects. We’ve taken our premium angle grinders and improved them even more, adding a easily adjustable 8 position (126 degree) guard and spindle lock for quick abrasive changes and a composite handle for extended comfort for even the smallest hands with the ability to get in tight spaces with ease with an extended angle head. The tool has 14,000 RPM and .9 HP.
Click here to see additional details on the specs, images, and availability.
Installation and Maintenance
Prior to first use, ensure you have a 1/4" NPT fitting and 3/8" min. hose size. In addition, the tool requires 90 PSI and 33 CFM from your compressor. Additional product installation and information details can be found here.
Listed below are the recommended lubrication practices for this tool,
Air motor lubrication:
- We recommend running an inline lubricator, or manually lubricating the tool through the air inlet with IR #10 Air Tool Oil.
- This should be done before each use to lubricate the motor, and before storage to prevent corrosion.
- 5-10 drops of oil in the air inlet, followed by a few-second run of the tool will distribute the oil through the motor.
- If the tool is being used for extended periods of time without a lubricator, oil should be re-applied after every hour or so of use.
- Through the flush-mount grease fitting using the grease gun included in our Air Care Kits.
- We recommend lubrication be performed after every 8 hours of actual tool run-time with our #67 grease.
- Always check the Product Information Manual to verify grease type and amount for a specific tool.
- One 4 ounce bottle of air tool oil
- One 4 ounce tube of the 67 grease
- Grease gun to lubricate through the fitting
- Air tool oil: Part number 10Z4 for 4 ounces, 10P for one pint, 10G for 1 gallon, 10GW for 1 gallon oil with antifreeze. Link to SDS (pdf).
- Grease: Part number 67-4T for a 4 ounce tube, or 67-1LB for a 1 pound can. Link to SDS(pdf).
Click here for a link to our SDS files for our lubricants.
Warranty: Use our normal process.
One-year Limited Warranty Coverage – Policy Statement
Managed Warranty Service – If non servicing dealers wish to have a customer tool repaired, submit a repair request to our Managed Warranty Service: Simple, Fast Repair.
Warranty Claims management: Reimbursement for warranty labor, parts, completes.
- Service Centers/Distributors with Tavant logins: File a claim in the Warranty Management System (Tavant) for reimbursement. Part return will be managed through the system.
- Distributors without Tavant logins (defective returns): Use the link below to request reimbursement for defective products.
- Submit a Request – for RGA/Defective returns
Parts Manual: 444 Parts Manual (pdf)
Product Information: 444 Product lnformation (pdf)
Safety Information: Air Grinder Safety Information (pdf)
Technical Customer Service:
Technical, Warranty and Quality Support - reach our teams globally
Submit a Request – for general Technical or Warranty support
Report a Quality Issue - directly to our Technical Services Team.
Toll Free Phone: 800-483-4981 (US and CA only)