Product Description and Features
Ingersoll Rand has delivered the gold standard in pneumatic tools for almost 100 years — and the performance, durability, and power of the 2236 1/2” pneumatic impact is no different. Our patented Drive Xchange System™ lets you swap out anvils without torque-zapping adapters and extenders. Plus, a powerful motor, durable build, and quiet, efficient operation make the 2236 model the perfect choice for serious technicians. Powerful Versatility: Say goodbye to that drawer full of adapters for good. The Ingersoll Rand 2236 Pneumatic 1/2 inch impact wrench has an interchangeable anvil system that lets you tailor your tool to whatever job is at hand — without losing a single ft-lb of power. Innovation: Ingersoll Rand’s patented Drive Xchange System helps you get more versatility, torque, and control out of your impact wrench. Torque: The 2236 series operates with 1,500 ft-lbs of breakaway torque. Listed below are the different model numbers offered,
|Tool Model Variant||Description|
|2236QTiMAX||1/2" - Std. Anvil, Quiet|
|2236QPTiMAX||1/2" - Pin Anvil, Quiet|
|2236QTiMAX||1/2"- 2" Ext. Anvil, Quiet|
In addition, we offer several different anvils that are compatible with the 2236 series tools. These anvils can be purchased separately and installed. Listed below are the different part numbers for these anvils,
Click here to see additional details on the specs, images, and availability.
Installation and Maintenance
Prior to first use, ensure you have a 1/4" NPT fitting and 3/8" min. hose size. In addition, the tool requires 90 PSI and 36 CFM from your compressor. Additional product installation and information details can be found in the Product Information Manual.
Listed below are the recommended lubrication and anvil change practices for this tool,
Air motor lubrication:
- We recommend running an inline lubricator, or manually lubricating the tool through the air inlet with IR #10 Air Tool Oil.
- This should be done before each use to lubricate the motor, and before storage to prevent corrosion.
- 10-15 drops of oil in the air inlet, followed by a few-second run of the tool will distribute the oil through the motor.
- If the tool is being used for extended periods of time without a lubricator, oil should be re-applied after every hour or so of use.
Impact Mechanism lubrication:
- Through the flush-mount grease fitting (located behind the anvil) using the grease gun included in our Air Care Kits.
- We recommend lubrication be performed after every 48 hours of actual tool run-time with our #105 grease.
- Always check the Product Information Manual to verify grease type and amount for a specific tool.
- One 4 ounce bottle of air tool oil
- One 4 ounce tube of the 105 grease
- Grease gun to lubricate through the fitting
- Air tool oil: Part number 10Z4 for 4 ounces, 10P for one pint, 10G for 1 gallon, 10GW for 1 gallon oil with antifreeze.
- Grease: Part number 105-4T for a 4 ounce tube, or 105-1LB for a 1 pound can
Click here for a link to our SDS for lubricants.
Anvil Swap Process:
Pictures below show a in the field example of swapping anvils,
Warranty: Use our normal process.
Two-year Limited Warranty Coverage – Policy Statement
Managed Warranty Service – If non servicing dealers wish to have a customer tool repaired, submit a repair request to our Managed Warranty Service: Simple, Fast Repair.
Warranty Claims management: Reimbursement for warranty labor, parts, completes.
- Service Centers/Distributors with Tavant logins: File a claim in the Warranty Management System (Tavant) for reimbursement. Part return will be managed through the system.
- Distributors without Tavant logins (defective returns): Use the link below to request reimbursement for defective products.
- Submit a Request – for RGA/Defective returns
Parts Manual: 2236 Parts Manual (pdf)
Product Information: 2236 Product lnformation (pdf)
Declaration of Conformity: 2236 Conformity Information (pdf)
Technical Customer Service:
Technical, Warranty and Quality Support - reach our teams globally
Submit a Request – for general Technical or Warranty support
Report a Quality Issue - directly to our Technical Services Team.
Toll Free Phone: 800-483-4981 (US and CA only)