To provide the following support information for installation and set-up of the QX Insight Connect Android App:
1. Hardware Requirements
2. Steps to install the App
3. Quick Setup Guide
All users of the QX Series Cordless Precesion Fastening tools with Display firmware versions 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124.
Note: This App is not compatible with Apple ® iOS devices.
- Hardware Requirement
- Minimum Requirements for Android Device
- Support USB OTG (On-the-Go)
- Recommend Android version 7.0 or greater
- USB Connector
- A USB connector supporting OTG is required to connect a smart phone with the QX tool.
- Diagram below shows an example of how to connect a Samsung S8 to the QX tool.
- Minimum Requirements for Android Device
- The red connector shown in the diagram above can support USB Type C and Micro USB.
- Such cable/connector is available off the shelf online from various vendors. One example is from Cable Creation: https://amazon.com/CableCreation-Adapter-Android-devices-Aluminum/dp/B01MQV75YX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529689954&sr=8-1&keywords=cablecreation+cc0675
- User can also order such cable from Ingersoll Rand -- Part # TP-IC-505
2. Getting the Software
- Google Playstore ®
- Go to Playstore and search for “INSIGHT Connect Ingersoll Rand”, OR browse to the link below on an Android device: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ir.insightconnect
- Click on the ‘Install’ button to start the installation
- QR Code
- Scan the QR code (as show below) on your Android device. Depending on your phone's capability, you may need a QR reader application to perform this step.
- Upon scanning the QR code, follow the instruction to open the link in a web browser.
- The link will direct to the Playstore site for the App. Click on the ‘Install’ button to start downloading the INSIGHT Connect App onto the phone.
- IRTools.com/INSIGHTConnect on IR website
- Browse to “irtools.com/insightconnect” on an Android device
- Click on the ‘DOWNLOAD’ button, which will direct to the Playstore site for the App
- Click on the ‘Install’ button to start downloading the INSIGHT Connect app.
- China and FTP: tbd
3. Setup for First Time Use
- Open the INSIGHT Connect App
- A message box requesting “Allow INSIGHT Connect to access photos, media and files on your device” will pop up. Please click ‘Allow’ to continue.
- The first screen is the App Settings screen. In this screen, user can choose to customize the following settings for the App:
- User Mode: Assembly or Industrial (please select Industrial if you are interested in using the Torque+Angle strategy)
- Torque Units
- Click on ‘Next’ to continue
- Connect the smart phone to a QX tool. For initial connection, a message box may pop up stating “Allow the app INSIGHT Connect to access the USB device?”
- Click to enable the option for “Use by default for this USB device”
- Click on ‘OK’ to continue
4. Tool Settings
- User can use this screen to change the settings on a QX tool.
- Select the Strategy parameter to set the desired tightening strategy.
- Click on the parameter to change its value.
- Passcode will be required for the first time user attempt to change a value in the tool. This is the same 4 digit passcode stored in QX.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ menu to display more parameters such as Free Speed
- Click on the ‘i’ icon to view Tool Information
- Select Backup to Copy Tool Configurations to a file on the smart phone
- Select Restore to restore the saved file from the phone to a QX tool
- NOTE: The Clone feature will only support Backup and Restore between tools with the same model number.
- User can access more features by clicking on the menu hamburger button in the upper left.
- In the Tool Logs screen, user can see a list of cycle logs previously retrieved and saved on the smart phone.
- To retrieve another cycle log, user needs to click on the 3 dots menu in the upper right to access the Retrieve Logs option.
7. Audit Logs
- Actions performed in the App are captured in the Audit log
- User can export this log using the menu in upper right corner.
Issue: If the red connector cable is not fully inserted into the phone, the App will have “QX Tool is Discovered” status displayed at the bottom of the screen. This indicates the full connection process wasn’t completed. The status will display "Connected to QX tool" when the connection process is complete.