See attached document.
How-To Upgrade Firmware for INSIGHTqcx Cordless Controller
Download the latest Firmware file.
(attached at bottom of the article)
- Please see link below at the end of this article for the latest version of the firmware.
- Alternatively, you can also download the latest firmware from our FTP site. Please contact customer service for the login credential, if you don’t have one.
- Login to the controller
- Click on the Menu Icon
Browse to System Maintenance and select Firmware Update
- In the Firmware Update screen:
a. Set Update Type = Controller Update
b. Click on Browse to browse for file
c. Click on the Upload icon to update firmware
- Follow the on screen instruction and wait for firmware to be updated
- After the firmware update is complete, please verify that the version has been updated correctly in the About Screen.
Figure 1 Sample Screen
- After the controller is updated, when logging in from the remote browser, it is required to first press CTRL + F5.
- Once the controller is updated, plug the tool into the controller using the USB cable.
- Follow on screen instructions to update the MCE and Display Firmware.
- Tool display firmware has to be 3.x.x or higher to update using the QCX controller. For older tool display firmware (V1.x.x or 2.x.x) it is necessary to first update to version 3.x.x or higher using ICS.
- After the tool is updated you must perform a Factory Reset on the tool.
- With the tool plugged into the controller using the USB cable, go to Tool Settings->Factory Reset.