In this article, we will show you how to connect your laptop to the INSIGHTqcx controller.
- Ethernet cable
- INSIGHTqcx controller
- Laptop (Windows 10)
- Find the Ethernet ports underneath the controller (you can use port 1 or port 2) and on your laptop
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the controller and the laptop in the ports identified
- Ensure the connection and data lights are illuminated for a good connection
- On your laptop, RIGHT CLICK the windows icon and go to NETWORK CONNECTIONS
- Find and click on CHANGE ADAPTER OPTIONS
- Find and RIGHT CLICK on ETHERNET
- Find and LEFT CLICK on PROPERTIES
- Find and SELECT on VERSION 4 (TCP/IPv4), then click PROPERTIES
- On the bottom of the main screen of the controller, take note of the IP address of the port that your Ethernet cable is plugged in to.
- PORT 1 is on the left and PORT 2 is on the right
- Back on your laptop, select USE THE FOLLOWING IP ADDRESS radio button
- Assign an IP address to your laptop that shares the same first 3 octets as the IP address of the controller.
- For Reference:
- The 4th octet that you are assigning to your laptop must be different than the 4th octet of the controller IP address, a common selection here is '100'.
- Next, assign a default SUBNET MASK: 255.255.255.0
- Then click OK and CLOSE ALL WINDOWS on the laptop.
- On your laptop, open an internet browser
- Enter the IP Address of the controller noted previously in the URL bar and hit ENTER
- Once the controller home screen is presented, find and click the USER icon at the top right, and select LOGIN
- Login using the factory default credentials:
- USERNAME: admin
- PASSWORD: ingersoll
- Click LOGIN
- You will be required to change this to your own password after successful first login