The INSIGHTqcx is designed to support a remote connection and control with a wireless QXX tool, but it can also be used as a direct programming hub to setup any QX tool, even QXN or QXC using a USB cable.
Connect the target QX tool to any one of the available USB ports on the bottom side of the INSIGHTqcx controller and log in to the controller.
‼️ Reminder: To log in, click on: in the top right. Default access when QCX is new or after a factory reset is:
- Username: admin
- Password: ingersoll
1) Click on the menu icon and select Pset
2) Make sure USB TOOL is selected at the top, (instead of WIRELESS TOOL)
3) Click on the EDIT icon to modify an existing Pset or to setup a new one
4) For a quick setup: simply select your strategy, your target, and SAVE.
- The controller will automatically define some default values for the rest of the parameters
5) If you need to adjust parameters more precisely, extend the advance step settings and extend speed, torque or angle to access the parameter category
6) If you need a multi-step strategy (up to 8), you need to click on ADD (+) or COPY to create an additional step
7) If you need to do a tightening sequence using different Psets, then use the batch count and auto-increment function.
‼️ Note: In the example above, the tool will perform 3 rundowns on Pset 1 and will switch automatically to Pset 2
Tool general setup:
Some parameters are global to the tool and not especially related to a specific Pset.
In order to access them, click on the MENU icon then TOOL SETUP and select TOOL GENERAL SETUP, while still connected to the tool via USB.
Make sure you are set on USB TOOL at the top of the menu, modify the global parameters that are needed, and then click SAVE icon at top right.
‼️ Note: You can use TOOL FACTORY RESET to reset the tool to factory settings if desired.
‼️ Note:Tool needs a reboot after a factory reset