Provide a step by step procedure to upgrade from 2.x.x INSIGHTqcx firmware to 100.x.x INSIGHTqcx firmware.
All users of QCX controllers interested in upgrading from 2.x.x INSIGHTqcx firmware to 100.x.x INSIGHTqcx firmware.
Note: In the 100.x.x firmware, there are stability improvements and the ability to store 500K records that will make this upgrade appealing to current 1:1 users. Going forward, any bug fixes and CAPA related issues will be addressed in the 100.x.x versions.
- If the controller firmware is 2.x.x.x (1:1 software) you must download the data migration utility and USB firmware update files prior to setting up the controller.
See attached zip folder for the data migration utility. Extract all files to a folder on your PC.
- Run the data migration utility to backup the feature license on the controller – this requires the PC to be able to communicate with the controller over a network connection.
- For the data migration utility, the user needs to select the type of tool that was paired with the controller for the Psets and Jobs to migrate properly.
- Basic – not an ETS tool or Tubenut tool – all jobs and Psets are migrated for a basic tool – jobs and Psets will not be valid for ETS tools or Tubenut tools
- ETS – all jobs and Psets are migrated for ETS tools – jobs and Psets will not be valid for basic or Tubenut tools
- Tubenut – all jobs and Psets are migrated for Tubenut tools – jobs and Psets will not be valid for basic or ETS tools
Note: The data migration utility migrates jobs, Psets, users, and the feature license. It does not migrate any other settings or cycle/trace data. If the utility is not used then the feature license is lost and the customer loses –F, -M, or –FM if the controller had one of those licenses.
- If the controller has 2.x.x.x firmware then you must perform a USB update to the controller.
- Copy all files and folder from the following directory to a USB key.
- User: asSoftwareRead
- User: asSoftwareRead
- Insert the USB key into the controller. Power on the controller and wait for all 4 LEDs on the front panel to turn green
- Turn off the controller and remove the USB key
- Wait one minute
- Turn on the controller
- If the controller had 2.x.x.x firmware then you must perform a restore operation using the file generated from the migration utility.
- Log into the controller with admin/ingersoll
- Go to System Maintenance
- Select Restore
- Select Controller Data Restore
- Browse and select the file saved from the migration utility
- Update the tool firmware. See the below link for updating instructions
- Pair tool and program as needed