Provide guidance, procedure and a demonstration to users and service technicians for adjusting clutch tension.
Use this process to adjust the spring load tension on all pneumatic Ingersoll Rand nutrunners.
- Rotate the plastic collar to open up the clutch adjustment window
- Rotate the square drive of the tool so that the notch in the clutch is lined up with the window
- Insert the included screwdriver (will be Phillips head or Torx, depending on model) into the notched portion, and turn to rotate the toothed adjustment plate. This will either increase or decrease the clutch spring preload.
- The teeth on the screwdriver will act as gear teeth to rotate the adjustment plate
- Torque must be validated with either a torque wrench, or torque tester to ensure that proper preload is set
If the customer does not have the ability to do this themselves, there are tool calibration companies that can set tools to a required value.