The new 2146MAX family of tools has an integrated pressure gauge at the rear of the tool. How do I use it to optimize the service life of my tool?
The 2146MAX Series enables the customer to improve the productivity and prolong the product's life by including a pressure gauge to ensure optimal air flow and pressure.
The pressure gauge is designed to help a user check dynamic air pressure before the job is started.
- Connect the tool to the air supply that will be used.
- Important: Do not install a socket or any other accessory on the square drive.
- Find the pressure gauge at the rear of the tool and position the tool such that you can see the gauge when the trigger is pulled.
- Pull the trigger and hold it for a few seconds (3-5). Note the position of the gauge indicator while the tool is running at free speed (see block 1 of the graphic below).
- If the indicator is in the Green zone as shown in block 2 of the graphic below, then the tool is properly supplied with air and can work at its maximum rated power.
- If the indicator is in the Yellow zone, adjust the air supply pressure regulator to increase the pressure. Repeat step 3.
- If the indicator is in the Red zone, adjust the air supply pressure regulator to decrease the pressure. Repeat step 3.
- After the air supply has been adjusted, the tool can be used to perform the required work.
The graphic and the instruction below can be found in the manual: 47684805001, PRODUCT INFO, 2146 SERIES
More information about the 2146MAX can be found on the 2146MAX Series product web page.