Outline the steps necessary to setup the QCDxx-F (-FM) controllers for Profinet.
All users of QCDxx-F (-FM) controllers integrating with a Profinet Master PLC.
- From the Main Menu go to Settings-Fieldbus
- In the Type dropbox select Profinet
- Enable Bus Control and Logs
- Under Input Assignment click on one of the Bytes to open the Input Bit Assignment Screen.
- Select the required Data for each Bit, then select OK at the bottom of the screen.
- Follow the same procedure to assign the Output Bytes.
- After the Input and Output Assignments are programmed select the Save button in the bottom left corner.
--Note: Follow the attached procedure to assign the appropriate network settings for Port 2 to communicate with the PLC.
--Note: Port 1 is used for accessing the controller web browser and should be on a different subnet than Port 2.
--Note: There is an option on the Fieldbus Setup screen to select the ICDM Profile. Enabling this will set the Input and Output Bits to the same mapping as the ICDM controllers.
See the attached links for the appropriate GSDML file. The controller should be updated to version 6.7.0 or greater before using the Profinet option.
See the attached document for a Siemens setup procedure.
See the attached spreadsheet showing the ICDM Bit Mapping.
The PLC and controller must be on similar timing. The INSIGHT controller expects data no faster than every 50 ms. Customer PLCs must have cycle rates no faster than 50 ms or communications issues could arise.
For Versions 7.0.3 or greater you have the following options for GSDML files:
-For 256x256 use file GSDML-V2.35-IngersollRand-INSIGHTqc-20210503.xml
-For 256 in and 40 out use GSDML-V2.35-IngersollRand-INSIGHTqc-20200113.xml
-For 32 in and 40 out use GSDML-V2.35-IngersollRand-INSIGHTqc-20220110.xml
- For this version there are two options (you must choose Option 1 or 2):
-Slots 1 & 2 - input 256 output 256.
-Slots 3 & 4 – input 32 output 40.