This article demonstrates basic programming of a QXX tool wirelessly with an INSIGHTqcx Controller
‼️ Requirement: A QXX tool must first be PAIRED WITH THE CONTROLLER in order to be set up. Please click the link above for instructions on how to pair.
‼️ Reminder: To log in, click on: in the top right.
Default access when INSIGHTqcx is new or after a factory reset is:
- Username: admin
- Password: ingersoll
1) Click on the MENU icon and select PSET
2) Make sure WIRELESS TOOL is selected at the top (instead of USB TOOL)
3) To ADD a new PSET: Click on ADD (+) to add a PSET, the programming window will then pop-up
To EDIT an existing PSET: clock on the EDIT icon on the right hand side of an existing PSET to modify settings
For a quick setup, simply enter a PSET name, select your strategy, your target and SAVE.
The controller will automatically define some default values for the rest of the parameters
4) If you need to adjust parameters more precisely, extend the advance step settings and extend speed, torque or angle to access the parameter category
5) If you need a multi-step strategy (up to 8), you need to click on ADD(+) or COPY icon to create an additional STEP
6) JOB management
In order to run the tool, you will first have to create at least one JOB. The tool will not run with a PSET only when connected wirelessly.
Click on the MENU icon and then select JOB, and then JOB LIST
Click on ADD (+) to create a new JOB or the EDIT icon to the right side of an existing JOB to edit
Enter a JOB name and click on ADD (+) to add already created PSETs to that JOB.
‼️ Note: PSETs that you would like to add to a JOB must be created BEFORE trying to add them to a JOB.
Select the PSET(s) that you would like to add to the JOB.
‼️ Note: If you are using multiple PSETs in a JOB, select first the PSET you would like to occur first in operations and add it to the JOB. Then add the additional PSETs to the JOB separately - order does not matter for these as it will be defined by the JOB RULES.
7) JOB selection:
The JOB can be selected in the following ways: either internal (which would mean on the controller screen) or externally; such as: Open Protocol, Barcode scanner, MES system, etc..
Click on the icon menu then job and select global settings to assign the source of the JOB selection for this controller. You must select only one.
Select the corresponding option matching your application need and SAVE at the top
If you need more than one PSET in the job, then you need to have at list 2 PSETs created, select them in the correct order and click on OK
Extend the first PSET, enter the batch count and go to the rules. Go to pass > jump to PSET and select the next PSET:
‼️ Note: In the example above, the tool will automatically switch to PSET 2 after performing 3 OK rundowns of PSET 1.
8) Tool General Setup
Some parameters are global to the tool and not especially related to a specific PSET, in order to access them, click on the MENU icon then TOOL SETUP and select TOOL GENERAL SETUP
Make sure you are set on WIRELESS TOOL (instead of USB TOOL), modify the parameters needed, and then select SAVE at top right.
9) Tightening Curve Management
Due to data transfer time between the tool and the controller, there is some latency in order to get all the curve points at the controller level. In order to manage this, there is some specific parameters, here they are:
1) You can simply disable the curve if you don’t need it
2) You can limit the data to what you need, the more data you want, the longest it will take to transfer everything
3) Curve duration: this is made to adapt the duration of the curve in order to adapt to longer cycles than 1 second and being able to see the entire cycle. But you can also use it to decrease the definition of the curve and therefore to reduce the transfer time.
‼️ Note: (by default it’s 1 point every 1ms but you can have up to 1 point every 10ms)
4) If this parameter is enabled, the tool will automatically be disabled until the controller receives all the curve data
5) You can limit to fail cycles curves in storage