The WU-1 wireless communication module is the central hub to the YS-e tool system. It has the ability to store 10,000 cycle data results total from the tools (4 tools maximum) that are paired to each wireless unit. This data can be accessed / downloaded for detailed analysis.
This article is intended to instruct how to download this data from the WU-1.
1. Equipment Needed:
- Target WU-1 with power supply
- PC-1 Programming console, with blue/purple connection cable
- USB Flash Drive; minimum 8 GB capacity; formatted to FAT32 (see additional notes below)
- NTFS or other formatting WILL NOT WORK
- See below for how to check format version and capacity of USB drive (GIF)
2. Proper USB Flash Drive Formatting:
- Please follow this procedure BEFORE plugging the USB flash drive into the WU-1.
- Using a PC and your 8GB+ FAT32 formatted USB flash drive, remove all data so that it is empty - reformatting if necessary
- At the root (top) level of the USB Flash Drive, create a new folder named 'backup'
- Once folder created, safely EJECT the USB Flash Drive
- Then physically remove it from the PC
3. Insert Properly Formatted USB Flash Drive into WU-1:
4. Using a PC-1 connected to the WU-1, initiate the data export to the inserted USB flash drive:
- Connect the PC-1 to the WU-1
- After PC-1 powers up, long press the F1 key to open the <SET> menu (Settings)
- Long Press the F4 key to open the MAINT menu (Maintenance)
- Using UP/DOWN arrows, navigate to STORED DATA
- Using UP/DOWN arrows and ENT button, select USB BACKUP
- A message will appear on the screen indicating the data is being saved
- This will save the tightening results that have been saved on the WU-1 to the properly formatted USB flash drive that is inserted into the USB port of the WU-1
- In the 'backup' folder on the USB flash drive, the WU-1 will create a file named 'fout.txt'
- ‼️NOTE‼️ The WU-1 will always use the same filename and the same folder when exporting the data, so be sure to rename and/or move previously saved files so that data is not over-written accidentally.
‼️IMPORTANT‼️ Before removing the USB flash drive, make the saving message has disappeared from the screen - or data could be corrupted
- Now you can go back to the PC to open and view the file created on the USB flash drive.
- In the MAINT>STORED DATA menu of the PC-1, the CLEAR function can be used to clear all the saved tightening results from the WU-1
- ‼️BE CAREFUL‼️ The data will be cleared as soon as you press ENT with the CLEAR function highlighted
Example: 00001a 2A 45.1K 4397 26 1.38 0.30 6Aok 07/20 14:24:45
Here is screenshot of a sample set of the data that gets exported (.txt file also attached):