Provide a step by step procedure to upgrade to an MTC controller.
All users of QCX controllers interested in n to 1 functionality.
Obtaining an MTC License
- Order an MTC upgrade kit through standard sales channels.
- Once the upgrade kit (activation code) is received, activate the MTC license.
- To activate the license go to https://irtools.com/mtc (QR code on the activation card will take here also).
- You will receive the license via email within 24 hours.
Updating the controller
- If the controller firmware is 2.x.x.x (1:1 software) you must download the data migration utility and USB firmware update files prior to setting up the controller.
- To confirm the current version of firmware on your controller go to the About screen.
- You will see the controller firmware version.
See attached zip folder for the data migration utility. Extract all files to a folder on your PC.
- Run the data migration utility to backup the feature license on the controller – this requires the PC to be able to communicate with the controller over a network connection.
- For the data migration utility, the user needs to select the type of tool that was paired with the controller for the Psets and Jobs to migrate properly.
- Basic – not an ETS tool or Tubenut tool – all jobs and Psets are migrated for a basic tool – jobs and Psets will not be valid for ETS tools or Tubenut tools
- ETS – all jobs and Psets are migrated for ETS tools – jobs and Psets will not be valid for basic or Tubenut tools
- Tubenut – all jobs and Psets are migrated for Tubenut tools – jobs and Psets will not be valid for basic or ETS tools
Note: The database on the controller needs to be at the 2.0.7 revision or higher for the data migration utility to work. The data migration utility migrates jobs, Psets, users, and the feature license. It does not migrate any other settings or cycle/trace data. If the utility is not used then the feature license is lost and the customer loses –F, -M, or –FM if the controller had one of those licenses.
- If the controller has 2.x.x.x firmware then you must perform a USB update to the controller.
- Copy all files and folder from the following directory to a USB key (USB drive should be USB 2.0, FAT32 format. Some brands of USB flash drives are not working with IR INSIGHTqcx controller, we recommend SanDisk USB drive).
- User: asSoftwareRead
- User: asSoftwareRead
- Insert the USB key into the controller. Power on the controller and wait for all 4 LEDs on the front panel to turn green
- Turn off the controller and remove the USB key
- Wait one minute
- Turn on the controller
- If the controller had 2.x.x.x firmware then you must perform a restore operation using the file generated from the migration utility.
- Log into the controller with admin/ingersoll
- Go to System Maintenance
- Select Restore
- Select Controller Data Restore
- Browse and select the file saved from the migration utility
- After the restore operation is complete, you must update the license to the MTC license.
- From the Main Menu go to System Maintenance->Upgrade License
- Browse and select the MTC License file
- Update the tool/s firmware. See the below link for updating instructions
- Pair tool/s and program as needed