Provide a step by step procedure to upgrade to an MTC controller.
All users of QCX controllers interested in n to 1 functionality.
Obtaining an MTC License
- Order an MTC upgrade kit through standard sales channels.
- Once the upgrade kit (activation code) is received, activate the MTC license.
- To activate the license go to https://irtools.com/mtc (QR code on the activation card will take here also).
- You will receive the license via email within 24 hours.
Updating the controller
- If the controller firmware is 2.x.x.x (1:1 software) you must download the data migration utility and USB firmware update files prior to setting up the controller.
- To confirm the current version of firmware on your controller go to the About screen.
- You will see the controller firmware version.
See attached zip folder for the data migration utility. Extract all files to a folder on your PC.
- Run the data migration utility to backup the feature license on the controller – this requires the PC to be able to communicate with the controller over a network connection.
- For the data migration utility, the user needs to select the type of tool that was paired with the controller for the Psets and Jobs to migrate properly.
- Basic – not an ETS tool or Tubenut tool – all jobs and Psets are migrated for a basic tool – jobs and Psets will not be valid for ETS tools or Tubenut tools
- ETS – all jobs and Psets are migrated for ETS tools – jobs and Psets will not be valid for basic or Tubenut tools
- Tubenut – all jobs and Psets are migrated for Tubenut tools – jobs and Psets will not be valid for basic or ETS tools
Note: The data migration utility migrates jobs, Psets, users, and the feature license. It does not migrate any other settings or cycle/trace data. If the utility is not used then the feature license is lost and the customer loses –F, -M, or –FM if the controller had one of those licenses.
- If the controller has 2.x.x.x firmware then you must perform a USB update to the controller.
- Copy all files and folder from the following directory to a USB key (USB drive should be USB 2.0, FAT32 format. Some brands of USB flash drives are not working with IR INSIGHTqcx controller, we recommend SanDisk USB drive).
- User: asSoftwareRead
- User: asSoftwareRead
- Insert the USB key into the controller. Power on the controller and wait for all 4 LEDs on the front panel to turn green
- Turn off the controller and remove the USB key
- Wait one minute
- Turn on the controller
- If the controller had 2.x.x.x firmware then you must perform a restore operation using the file generated from the migration utility.
- Log into the controller with admin/ingersoll
- Go to System Maintenance
- Select Restore
- Select Controller Data Restore
- Browse and select the file saved from the migration utility
- After the restore operation is complete, you must update the license to the MTC license.
- From the Main Menu go to System Maintenance->Upgrade License
- Browse and select the MTC License file
- Update the tool/s firmware. See the below link for updating instructions
- Pair tool/s and program as needed