The new 2146MAX series tools have an integrated pressure gauge at the rear of the tool. How do I use it to optimize the service life of my tool?
The 2146MAX Series enables the customer to improve the productivity and prolong the product's life by including a pressure gauge to ensure optimal air flow and pressure.
The pressure gauge is designed to help a user check dynamic air pressure before the job is started. Please note that the pressure gauge is meant to be used when operating the tool at free speed.
- Connect the tool to the air supply that will be used.
- Important: Do not install a socket or any other accessory on the square drive.
- Find the pressure gauge at the rear of the tool and position the tool such that you can see the gauge when the trigger is pulled.
- Pull the trigger and hold it for a few seconds (3-5). Note the position of the gauge indicator while the tool is running at free speed (see block 1 of the graphic below).
- If the indicator is in the Green zone as shown in block 2 of the graphic below, then the tool is properly supplied with air and can work at its maximum rated power.
- If the indicator is in the Yellow zone, adjust the air supply pressure regulator to increase the pressure. Repeat step 3.
- If the indicator is in the Red zone, adjust the air supply pressure regulator to decrease the pressure. Repeat step 3.
- After the air supply has been adjusted, the tool can be used to perform the required work.
More information about the 2146MAX can be found on the 2146MAX Series product web page.