Product Description and Features
G5351 IQV® 20V CORDLESS 4.5/5.0" ANGLE GRINDER
Break free from the cord with the G5351 IQV® 20V Cordless 4.5/5.0" Angle Grinder & Cut-Off Tool that brings the power of pneumatic with the mobility of a cordless tool. Slim and well-balanced, the G5351 allows access to tight spaces and weighs 30% less than its leading competitor. The tool features an extended paddle switch and unique inline battery design that eliminates interference from the forearm during use.
The G5351 couples a high-performance brushless motor with advanced features like anti-kickback and e-brake for safe, reliable performance. Its light weight, slim handle with overmolded grip makes the G5351 Cordless Grinder comfortable for extended use. Tool-free guard and spindlelock button allow quick and easy accessory changes. The G5351 is compatible with all IQV® 20V batteries.
Learn more from the product webpage: G5351 Cordless Angle Grinder web page
Installation, Setup and Use
Overload Protection: To prevent tool damage, the grinder is fitted with overload protection. If the grinding load is too great, the tool will automatically stop. If the tool should stop suddenly, release the paddle switch to reset the tool. Tool will restart when the paddle switch is re-actuated.
Battery Temperature Cut-out: If the battery temperature range is exceeded, the tool will stop working and will not restart until the batteries have cooled to a safe level.
Kickback Protection: During operation the grinding wheel may sometimes become pinched or bound in the workpiece. The grinder will detect the abnomal loading and will automatically stop spinnin regardless of the paddle switch position. To restart, release the paddle switch, and remove the tool from the material in a safe manner. The tool will restart when the paddle switch is actuated.
Electric Brake: When the grinder is operating and the paddle switch is released, the electric brake engages causing the wheel to stop. Generally the wheel stops within 2 seconds. There may be a delay between the time the paddle switch is released and the brake is engaged. Occaisionally the brake may miss completely. If the brake misses frequently, the grinder should be sent to an authorized service center for evaluation and repair.
Service, Repair, Maintenance
- No periodic lubrication is required. The angle head is a sealed unit.
- Tool vents and the dust cover should be kept free of dust and debris and clean of grease and oil. Use only mild soap and a damp rag to clean. Do not use more caustic cleaning agents such as gasoline, turpentine, lacquer thinner, paint thinner, chlorinated cleaning solvents, ammonia and household detergents containing ammonia. Never use combustible or flammable solvents in or around tools.
- Remove the 4 Gear Case Screws and detach the Angle Head Housing. Replace the Rubber Ring if replacing the Angle Housing.
- Remove 6 Housing Screws and carefully separate the Housing halves. Allow the Motor/Drive, Switch and Paddle Switch to lay in one of the halves.
- The Motor/Drive, Switch, and Paddle Switch can be removed as necessary.
- Reassembly is the opposite of disassembly taking care to seat components properly in the Housing and to not pinch any wires during reassembly.
- Repair Parts - kitted components as listed below:
- TK-G5351-078 Screw Kit - contains 4 gear case screws, 2 spindle housing screws, and 6 housing screws.
- TK-G5351-037 5/8-11 Angle Head Kit - Contains the Gear Case Assembly, Rubber Ring, and Angle Head Cover
- TK-G5351M-037 M14 Angle Head Kit - Contains the Gear Case Assembly, Rubber Ring, and Angle Head Cover
- TK-G5351-040 Housing Kit - contains the LH and RH Housings, Air Filter Vent, and Paddle Switch.
- TK-G5351-054 Motor/Drive Kit - contains the Motor Stator, Rotor, Drive, Switch and Pinion Gear and Nut.
- TK-G5351-410 Switch Kit - contains the Switch.
- TK-G5351-310 Air Filter Vent Kit - contains the Air Filter Vent.
- Guard Kits each guard kit contains a Type A Guard and a Type B Guard
- TK-G5351-106-50 5" Guard Kit
- TK-G5351-106-45 4.5" Guard Kit
- TK-G5351-048 Auxiliary Handle
- TK-5351-026 Spanner Wrench
- Arbor Nut Kits contain the Backing Flange and Flange Nut
- TK-G5351-337 5/8-11 Arbor Nut Kit
- TK-G5351M-337 M14 Arbor Nut Kit
- TL-G5001-099 Warning Label
Technical, Warranty and Quality Support
If assistance is needed in the product selection process, please contact Ingersoll Rand's Power Tool Technical Support Team through Submit a Request via our Help Center, or email at IRTechSupport@irco.com or call us at 866-TOOL-HLP (866-866-5457).